A Canadian Photographers Artistic Journey - Edmonton Commercial, Creative and Fine Art Muse Photography
EDMONTON FINE ART MUSE MODEL CALL
If you are inspired by art and desire to be part of a photography production; you are in the right place!
We seek the unique and wonderful differences in each of our subjects. We look for those that have an interest in the arts and can be natural - posing is not on the repertoire! We seek models that can work with us long-term, those who are love art, are comfortable with their form and are wonderfully reliable.
About our Professional Fine Art Photography Production:
Wonderful locations, professional art direction, elegant props, portable lighting and equipment on location.
If you are interested in fine art modeling, please fill out the below (your information is for our purposes only - we respect your confidentiality).
Thank you and we will be in touch shortly!
6 Minute Model Shoot ~ Benamoz Headshot and Model Photography Edmonton What can you do in six minutes? Brew a good cup of coffee, skim a magazine article, Something About Mary's "6 Minute Ay-abs", maybe, but a photography session? It is possible when you have a great team and all of the right elements!
To describe the session (it will take me longer than six minutes);
1. The perfect setting - the beaches of LA, quiet, in the month of December, the sun was very bright but there was a haze, acting as a diffuser over our models. It was almost directly overhead in the noon-day sun. You often hear other photographers talk about the horrid and harsh nightmare of mid-day light, but this session did not exactly suffer because of it. In this case, a high-key, GQ-look was what I was after.
2. The Perfect Models - my models (and yes, they are a couple) really were pros. I say this after working with many models, sometimes over more than a few hours to try and generate the look I achieved here. I am always after natural gesture and this couple ruled in this area! The ability to work with models who do not require coaching is invaluable - sure, there is directing, but not coaching when it comes to true pros!
3. Time Crunch - at times, there is nothing more motivating than being under a tight schedule. Of course, I am not a fan of this, but when you need to get a job done, you have two options. Get it done, or don't! The variables that lead to a hectic schedule can drive you nuts some days, but through a combination of trained study and work with some of the greatest photojournalist photographers, not to mention the world of weddings has prepped me for pretty much anything. Nothing says "get going" like a call to cocktail hour!
4. Less Time in Post - the better the photo means less time in Photoshop. 'Nuff said.
Photography...specifically work that causes me to stretch (given over a longer span of time) is my true passion. When I am approached with a project and the only stipulation given is 'just run with it', it truly opens the door to so much more creatively. Which leads to...
5. Time. The ever-evasive element I seem to be chasing. This session, however, may just have proven me wrong!!
Interesting days...more to follow!
Benamoz Freelance International Photographer Follow the photos and click the "+" below to leave your comments.
There is a story to be told in every photo! One of our images was recently voted photo of the week by the National Association of Photoshop Professionals.
In NAPP's post, Larry Becker states "I’d bet Benamoz gets a lot of referral business from happy couples. Look through his couples portrait sessions and you’ll see Madison Avenue quality work that could easily be in a bridal magazine or perfume ad. And since his clients are the models and he makes them look so good, I’m sure they love his work. The image Love in Gesture is an equal mix of art and portraiture. There’s a great frozen moment in time where both subjects are obviously happy and the soft focus on the subjects works really well here to amplify the dream-like quality of the moment. Such tight cropping eliminates the possibility of all distractions and just the couple and their smiles are featured. The black and white post processing is a nice choice and the overall image is quite artistic. He has a good eye."
A beautiful bride looks out the window just before meeting her husband-to-be. This photo captures the bride's sense of calm before the bustle of the day's activity is about to begin.
Taking the time to capture an image such as this during the getting ready portion of the wedding day, gives her a moment to pause and reflect on all that is before her. A unique 'getting ready' memory that brides love to have from their wedding day! An inspiring photograph voted "Popular" on 500px.com.
Photography by Benamoz Ltd. www.photographybybenamoz.com
Clients often end up taking us to wonderful places and this was no exception! On my off-time from client work, I took some time to wander and capture wonderful photographs in and around Jamaica. More of my work can be seen via my portfolio prints that are now available over at Benamoz. Here is a wee peek at some others as well. Enjoy!
New York Model Session: Photography by Benamoz Just a few images from my rooftop NYC Model Session! Special thanks to our model Nicole for a job well done.
A special thanks to 5th Floor Studios in Queens for their fantastic location.
Wonderful space and fantastic rooftop view! Highly recommended team and wonderful to work with!
There are some absolutely outstanding engagement sessions that truly stand out. This one in particular, a super-sweet couple, divinely in love, draws you in with their ease in front of the camera and with each other. Our locations were, to say the least, outstanding! Our day started out a a train museum, followed by some time in rural/remote areas. By far, this is one of my favorite engagements. Congrats to you both, Corey & Christine. Wishing you the very best in your future together!
While in NYC for a fashion session (more to come on this), there was some time for street photography…one of my favourite ways to capture "gesture". Appropriately named - I have added the images from the streets of New York City called "Gesture" Portraits of NYC.
Take a look and for more, see the full gallery in slideshow here: http://tiny.cc/ah2nfx.